Scenic NC Offers Comments On The Draft Billboard Permit Rules
After participating in three (3) public hearings by the NC DOT on the draft permanent billboard rules, Scenic NC presented its comments on the rules to Secretary Conti. The major points included:
- Support for the thirty (30) day local government approval provision, prior to NCDOT approval
- A request to take local environmental ordinances into consideration before granting permits
- Requesting that SVR permits be denied where the cutting, thinning, pruning or removal of vegetation is prohibited due to local, state or federal rules, statutes or permits
- To deny private parties access to the right of way as they clear cut and require them to access the space through private property; and
- The fiscal note failed to provide an accurate explanation of the impact of the proposed rules
See the rest of the story here.